Chelsea Garden by
Spode is a gorgeous bone china pattern produced from 1952 to 1988.
Chelsea Garden has a rimmed, scalloped design adorned with beautiful, asymmetrical floral sprays and a warm mustard-colored trim. Spode founder Josiah Spode opened the doors of his porcelain factory in 1780. Under his guidance, the factory introduced two important breakthroughs in the development of English ceramics. Using bone ash, Spode was the first English china maker to achieve higher firing temperatures, resulting in beautifully detailed, longer-lasting china. The company’s second important achievement was perfecting "underglaze" decorating. Intricate designs could be applied to china that would last for decades and were much more resistant to chipping, scratching, or fading, at prices affordable to England’s burgeoning middle class.
Wildflower-Clear crystal by
Cambridge flares at the top, with a delicate, cascading floral design etched on the concave bowl. The stem of the glass is ornate, with a textured, molded design, and a round foot. This shapely, intricate pattern is the very epitome of elegance! The Cambridge Glass Company was founded in 1873, when a group of businessmen from the town of Cambridge, Ohio chartered a glass producing facility. Most of the company’s early designs were heavy, pressed-glass patterns. The company achieved steady growth during the early part of the twentieth century, and during the 1920s, 30s, and 40s the company released its most successful shapes, colors, and etchings. In 1931, the company debuted its very successful
Rose Point etching, as well as the popular
Nude Stems collection. Many of the company’s most famous colors were developed during this period, including “
Crown Tuscan,” “
Royal Blue,” and “
Heatherbloom.” Soon after the end of World War II, the company began to experience declining sales. In 1958, the company closed its doors, and Imperial Glass acquired all of Cambridge’s molds and equipment. While the Cambridge company is now closed, its legacy lives on at Replacements.
Produced from 1903 to 1974,
is an enchanting sterling flatware pattern with an exquisite floral design that perfectly complements
china by Spode and
crystal by Cambridge. International Silver started as a combination of America’s greatest silver manufacturers. During the American Colonial period, New England was home to many artisans producing high-quality pewter, sterling, and silverplate, primarily in Connecticut. Around 1808, Ashbile Griswold opened a pewter shop in Meriden, Connecticut. Through mergers with regional companies, Griswold’s original shop grew to comprise fourteen silver manufacturers, including Holmes and Edwards (Bridgeport), Meriden Britannia (Meriden), and Rogers Brothers (Hartford). In 1898, the International Silver Company became truly “international,” establishing offices in England and Canada. Throughout the years, International Silver products have remained immensely popular.
To browse and order in a great selection of china, crystal, and sterling pieces, start at these links!