Johnson Brothers introduced
Historic America, a multi-motif china pattern featuring American historical scenes. The pattern was a tremendous success from the beginning, and was eventually produced in five colors – blue, brown, brown multi-colored, green, and our featured pattern,
Historic America-Pink . The scene depicted at the center of the dinner plate here is historic Boston, with its State House dome high on Beacon Hill, and the signature oak leaves and acorns and latticework trim of the pattern decorating the rim. Replacements, Ltd. carries a wide selection in this pattern, including pieces that depict San Francisco, the Capitol Building in Washington, D.C., the Natural Bridge of Virginia, Independence Hall in Philadelphia, Central Park in New York, Niagara Falls, and many more historic American scenes.
Jamestown-Pink is pink, pressed glass with a concave, squarish bowl that features swirling, spiral panels on the side. The twist stem echoes the shapes of the panels on the bowl, and the foot is round. Even with its square shape, the curves in this pattern are organic and elegant. Founded in Fostoria, OH, in 1887, the Fostoria company relocated to Moundsville, WV, shortly thereafter, because of that region’s abundant natural resources.
Jamestown-Pink, released in 1959, was another in a line of popular colored-glass stemware introduced by Fostoria in the 1920s. After meeting decades of stiff foreign competition with classic designs and innovative glass-making methods, Fostoria operations were shut down by its parent company, Lancaster Colony, in 1983. Fostoria glass is highly sought-after by collectors today.
Queen’s Fancy is high-quality, satin-finish stainless steel with black accents. Produced by
International Silver from 1976 to 1982,
Queen’s Fancy features a scallop-shaped handle with a floral design at the tip; scroll designs outline the edges. During the American Colonial period, New England was home to many artisans producing high-quality pewter, sterling, and silverplate, primarily in Connecticut. About 1808 Ashbile Griswold opened a pewter shop in Meriden. Through mergers with regional companies, Griswold’s original shop comprised 14 silver manufacturers, including Holmes and Edwards (Bridgeport), Meriden Britannia (Meriden), and Rogers Brothers (Hartford). In 1898 the International Silver Company became truly “international,” establishing offices in England and Canada. Today, Replacements, Ltd. has more than 2,000 International Silver patterns on file.
To browse and order in a great selection of china, crystal, and stainless pieces, start at these links!