Royal Crown Derby
Old Imari is fine bone china, beautifully decorated in blue, red, and gold floral and geometric designs. Long distinguished for its high-quality creations, Royal Crown Derby was founded some time prior to 1750 in the town of Derby, England by a French Huguenot, Andrew Planche. “Imari” patterns typically feature designs and colors based on porcelain pieces first produced during the Edo period (from 1603 to 1868) on the island of Kyushu, Japan. The porcelain was designed specifically for export to the European markets, and was shipped from the Japanese town of Imari. This region of Japan was home to “The Village of the Secret Kilns,” where much of the Imari porcelain originated. British manufacturers enjoyed tremendous success when they introduced their versions of the old Imari patterns to the European market in the 19th century.
Royal Gold by
Wedgwood is a is an exquisite glassware pattern that features a flared bowl adorned with gold trim and a variety of dazzling cuts, a multisided stem, and a round foot adorned with a starburst cut. In 1759, Josiah Wedgwood established a pottery at the “Ivy House Works” in Burslem, England. During the company’s first ten years, Wedgwood made many advances in the refining of porcelain. One of Wedgwood’s most important creations was creamware, true fine china that was easy to produce, relatively inexpensive to make, easily decorated, and desired by royalty and commoner alike. In 1765, King George III’s wife, Queen Charlotte, solicited Wedgwood to be “Potter to His and Her Majesty.” As a result of his new title, Wedgwood changed the official name of his creamware to “Queen’s Ware.” Jasperware, a non-glazed porcelain featuring classical figures in bas-relief, was another important invention of Wedgwood’s, and has become virtually synonymous with the Wedgwood name.
First produced in 1941,
Reed & Barton’s
is an enchanting sterling silver flatware pattern that features an intricate design that is a great complement to the similarly elegant
is emblematic of its maker, Reed & Barton of Taunton, MA, a company that traces its origins to a jewelry store founded by Isaac Babbitt in 1822. After changes in ownership, the company began to use the “Reed & Barton” stamp on its silver in the 1840s. One of Reed & Barton’s best-known patterns is
. Introduced in 1907,
quickly became a favorite of nobility and presidents. No less than four U.S. presidents dined with
– Woodrow Wilson, Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, and Gerald Ford. In more recent years, the company has also been recognized for its high-quality stainless steel patterns.
To browse and order in a great selection of china, crystal, and sterling pieces, start at these links!