The history of the
Imperial Glass Company, spanning eight decades, begins in 1901, when Edward Muhleman, a riverboat captain and financier, struck a deal with Bellaire, OH, investors to construct what would be billed at the time as “the largest factory in this part of the Ohio Valley.” The company would produce a staggering selection of tumblers, vases, pitchers, figurines, platters, relish dishes, ash trays, cake stands, candlesticks, goblets, perfume bottles, bells, hurricane lamps, punch bowls, salt and pepper shakers, candy boxes, and more, in an amazing variety of shapes and designs, many of them sold in the leading department stores of the day.
Among the designs was
Candlewick-Clear , with its trademark stacked ball stem design. Produced for nearly half a century, from 1936 to 1982,
Candlewick-Clear was one of the patterns that enabled Imperial Glass-Ohio to pull through the Great Depression. Our special 15-piece set includes a punch bowl, platter, ladle, and 12 cups. We also have a tremendous selection of other
Candlewick-Clear items, including glassware, centerpieces, candlesticks, and more. Visit our web site to browse our complete selection.
In 1973 Imperial Glass-Ohio was purchased by Lenox, and the company’s emphasis on glassware changed to giftware. Competition was keen, and the company’s market share dwindled. Ultimately, Imperial Glass-Ohio was forced into bankruptcy. Its last full catalog was released to the trade in January 1982.
Click on the link to order your 15-piece
Candlewick-Clear punch set today!