Its attractive color and curved panels make
Old Williamsburg-Brown a truly distinctive pattern. With a knobbed, multi-sided stem and concave bowl flaring at the top,
Old Williamsburg-Brown harks back to earlier patterns made famous by Imperial Glass-Ohio in the 1930s. We have two special offers in
Old Williamsburg-Brown this month. These dazzling sets will help finish the perfect Thanksgiving table or buffet – follow the link below to browse and order!
Beautiful color was the signature of many Imperial Glass designs during the 80 years that the company was in business. The history of the Imperial Glass Co. begins at the turn of the 20th century, in 1901, when Edward Muhleman, a riverboat captain and financier, ended his relationship with the National Glass Company of Pittsburgh, PA. An able businessman, relatively young at age 55, wealthy, and evidently still fascinated with the glassware industry, Muhleman contacted the Bellaire, OH, Board of Trade. Muhleman struck a deal with Bellaire investors to construct what would be billed at the time as “the largest factory in this part of the Ohio Valley.” In 1904 the huge Imperial Glass Co. plant began production. Imperial produced an extraordinary array of products in all manner of shapes and colors, many of them sold in the leading department stores of the day, and managed to survive the Great Depression. In 1973 Imperial was purchased by Lenox, and over time, the company’s emphasis on glassware changed to giftware. Competition was keen in this product area, and the company’s market share dwindled. Ultimately, the Imperial Glass Co. was forced into bankruptcy.
Imperial Glass-Ohio pieces are highly sought after by collectors, so don't miss out on these special offers!