His Majesty by Johnson Brothers is high-quality, rimmed, scallop-shaped earthenware, with a regal tom turkey spreading his plumage in the center of the plate, and an embossed rim strewn with nuts, fruits, berries, and vegetables, all colored in lush earth tones. The outside rim features a thin, painted cable design. Designed from an original engraving, the tom turkey on His Majesty made his first appearance as an accent plate in the tremendously popular Johnson Brothers Friendly Village multi-motif pattern. Demand for the accent plate was so great that Johnson Brothers introduced His Majesty just two years later. Customers have enjoyed the quality and durability of Johnson Brothers china since 1882.
Fostoria Jamestown-Amber is amber, pressed glass with a concave, squarish bowl that features swirling, spiral panels on the side. The twist stem echoes the shapes of the panels on the bowl, and the foot is round. Even with its square shape, the curves in this pattern are organic and graceful. Founded in Fostoria, OH, in 1887, the Fostoria company relocated to Moundsville, WV, shortly thereafter, because of that region’s abundant natural resources. Jamestown-Amber was one of four colors in the Jamestown pattern to be released in 1958 – green, amber, blue, and clear – additions to a line of popular colored-glass stemware introduced by Fostoria in the 1920s. After meeting decades of stiff foreign competition with classic designs and innovative glass-making methods, Fostoria operations were shut down by its parent company, Lancaster Colony, in 1983. Fostoria glass is highly sought-after by collectors today.
First produced in 1940, International Silver Joan of Arc is an alluring sterling flatware pattern with an elegant and flowing scroll design. International Silver started as a combination of America’s greatest silver manufacturers. During the American Colonial period, New England was home to many artisans producing high-quality pewter, sterling, and silverplate, primarily in Connecticut. Around 1808, Ashbile Griswold opened a pewter shop in Meriden, Connecticut. Through mergers with regional companies, Griswold’s original shop grew to comprise fourteen silver manufacturers, including Holmes and Edwards (Bridgeport), Meriden Britannia (Meriden), and Rogers Brothers (Hartford). In 1898, the International Silver Company became truly “international,” establishing offices in England and Canada. Throughout the years, International Silver products have remained immensely popular.
To browse and order in a great selection of china, crystal, and sterling pieces, start at these links!