When you communicate with Replacements, you provide us with information that helps us ship your orders, provide you with information about our items and services, and make your shopping experience more convenient. Our goal is to serve you. We do not sell or rent your personal information to any third party in exchange for money, discount, or similar consideration. We never disclose any personal information to third parties for a third party's direct marketing purposes.
The Types of Information We Collect
Collecting your personal information allows us to complete and ship your orders, provide customer service, communicate with you, and enhance your shopping experience. For example, when you place an order online, we record your name, address, phone number, email address (if provided), and payment card information, along with the IP (Internet Protocol) address or the device ID of the device used to place the order. As another example, when you request or share product information, we record your interests and collect your name, address, and email address (if provided), along with an IP address or device ID.
Here is a list of the categories of personal information we may collect. Not all categories will be collected for every customer – it will depend on how you interact with us:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Date of birth or age
- Financial information, such as credit or debit card numbers and expiration dates
- Purchase, return, or exchange information
- Product information, such as preferences, requests, or products you considered purchasing
- Mobile device information (e.g., model, operating system, device date and time, unique device identifiers, and network information)
- Information about your visits to our website, such as IP address, referrals from other websites, cookie IDs, browsing history, page visits, shopping patterns and behaviors, and search term history
- Location information, such as geolocation
- Information about how you engage with our emails, advertising, and social media
- Inferences related to shopping patterns and behaviors
How We Collect Information
We collect information in different ways, depending on how you shop with us. We may collect it:
- Directly from you or a member of your household;
- From your device; or
- From third parties.
Directly From You or a Member of Your Household: You directly share information with us in a variety of ways, such as:
- Making a purchase
- Creating an account on our website
- Signing up for our text messaging service or marketing and promotional communications
- Asking us to identify or find an item for you
- Providing your pattern preferences
- Requesting customer service
- Posting a review or comment on our website or social media accounts
- Participating in a promotion or survey
- Requesting an offer to purchase your items and/or selling them to us
From Your Device: Your device may use certain technologies that submit information to Replacements. We use this information to make sure that our website is easy to use and to provide you with relevant and personalized information about our products and services. For example:
- Web browsing information: Technologies such as cookies, click stream information, session IDs, tags, pixels, beacons, and mobile device identifiers collect information about your use of our website, other websites, and your interaction with advertisements and communications. These tools help us to simplify and customize your shopping experience and to enhance website usability and functionality. For instance, cookies enable us to help you place items in your shopping cart and save them for a later purchase, even if you close your browser. Other technologies give insight into whether our marketing is interesting and relevant to you, such as if you open an email from us or click on an ad. Sometimes, third parties use these technologies to collect information on our website for their own business purposes.
- Device information: Your mobile phone, tablet, PC, or other device may transmit information to us when you visit our website, including IP addresses, unique device identifiers, the address of other websites that referred you to our website, and information about how you navigated through our website during a browsing session.
- Social Media and Other Widgets: Our website includes social media features, such as Facebook, Pinterest, and MyRegistry, that may collect browsing information about you using cookies or other tracking technologies. Social media features and widgets are hosted by third parties and are subject to the privacy policies of the companies that provide them.
From Third Parties: We obtain your information from third parties, which helps us supplement our customer records, prevent, detect, or respond to fraud, and tailor our marketing communications. For example, we may receive device or browsing information from third parties that enables us to show you personalized advertisements on our website or third-party websites.
Requesting or Sharing Product Information
Replacements uses your information to provide you items, services, and information, like processing payment information, shipping your orders, and resolving customer service issues. We also use your personal information to enhance other business functions, including protecting your data, preventing and identifying fraud, or delivering personalized ads and promotions.
Data analytics are also integral to the way our business runs. We may use your information to measure the way you shop on our website, how well our advertising campaigns perform, and whether and how you respond to those campaigns.
For Marketing and Other Business Purposes:
- Processing your orders, managing returns, and providing customer service
- Sending information about your orders or our marketing and promotional communications
- Communicating with you about selling to us, your items you are interested in or would like us to find, or your pattern preferences
- Carrying out tailored marketing, advertising, and promotional campaigns through emails, mobile messages, and social media messages and notifications
- Delivering interest-based advertising
- Improving customer relations and experiences
- Identifying new visitors to our website and recognizing returning customers
- Responding to requests for information about our products or services
- Providing connections through our website to online registries and social media
- Analyzing our business operations, including data analytics, sales projections, and systems improvement
- Creating and maintaining your web account and customer information in our database
- Auditing and reconciling buying and selling transactions
- Protecting the security of our data systems to prevent fraud or data security incidents
- Complying with legal obligations, such as assisting law enforcement and responding to legal or regulatory investigations
For Associating Information Across Multiple Devices: We may use data we collect to link your devices so that you have a similar and more relevant experience across those devices (e.g., your PC and mobile phone). For instance, if you are signed in to your replacements.com account on both devices, if you add an item to your cart on your laptop but leave the website without completing a purchase, that item may appear in your cart for purchase on your mobile device.
For Showing You Relevant Advertising Online: Replacements engages third-party companies to help show ads or promotions on replacements.com or other websites that you may be interested in based on your previous shopping and browsing behavior and to provide marketing services, like research, reporting, attribution, ad delivery, and analytics.
These companies use tracking technologies, such as cookies, pixels, or beacons, to collect information during your visits to replacements.com or other websites to display ads that are tailored to your individual preferences instead of items you are not interested in. The information collected may include click history, data regarding pages visited and ads clicked, browser type, time and date of website visit, device type, session ID, and IP address.
For Use on Social Media: Replacements may communicate with you through our social media channels, whether through direct messages, private messages, or on public forums. We may also show you ads through social media platforms that are tailored to be served to groups that have certain interests or demographics in common.
How We Share Your Information
To Our Vendors
Replacements does not rent or sell your personal information in exchange for money, discount, or similar consideration. We only share your personal information with third parties so that they can help us with our business (e.g., ID authentication vendors, email services, mobile messaging services, data analytics providers, web hosts, payment processors, data enhancement services, and advertising and marketing providers). For example, when you input your payment information on our website, the details are sent to a third party payment card processor that securely processes the payment and issues a token (we do not store your full payment card information). Other service providers may include shipping vendors and cyber-security and data authentication vendors. Replacements requires that our vendors have industry-standard security protections in place and limit the information shared to only what is necessary to perform their functions.
In Special Circumstances
We may disclose your personal information in special cases, such as when required by law, to comply with a regulator or investigator, judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us, to enforce or apply applicable terms and conditions and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of our company, our customers, or others.
If some or all our business assets are sold or transferred, we may transfer the corresponding information regarding our customers. We also may retain a copy of that information.
When Your Personal Information Does Not Directly Identify You
Our goal is to continually improve your shopping experience by making it easier, more convenient, and relevant. We may share combined information from many customers in ways that do not directly identify you. This is sometimes called “aggregated,” “deidentified,” or “anonymized” personal information. We may share this type of information with other companies, such as data analytics firms, online advertising networks, and publishing companies, to help you receive pertinent information and services. For example, we may share the device or web browsing information discussed above to ensure the advertisements you see are relevant. This information does not directly tell third parties who you are, and Replacements does not receive money, discount, or similar consideration for sharing it.
How You Can Make Choices About Your Data
Mail: If you do not wish to receive quotes, catalogues, look books, or other printed promotional materials in the mail, you have the following options:
- log in to your replacements.com account (if you have one) and set your communication preferences, or
- call us at 1-800-REPLACE
Email: If you do not wish to receive promotional emails from us, you have the following options:
- log in to your replacements.com account (if you have one) and set your communication preferences, or
- use the unsubscribe link include in each promotional email that you receive from use
Text Messages: If you have consented to receive texts from us and no longer wish to receive them, you can reply to any text message with, "STOP".
Interest-Based Advertising: As discussed above, we engage third-party companies to provide you with advertising that we think you will be interested in and to try to give you an easy shopping experience. These third parties use tracking technologies to help us optimize when and where our ads are placed so that you do not see irrelevant information or too much of the same ad.
There are groups of advertisers that allow customers to opt out of receiving interest-based ads from group members. Please follow the links below to find out more about how to opt out:
Please note that you will only be able to use this opt-out tool if you have cookies enabled on your web browser. Your browser will have instructions and information on cookies and how to enable or disable them. Opting out will only apply to your current web browser on your current device. If you use multiple devices or browsers, you must opt-out on each one. If you delete your cookies after opting out, you will need to opt-out again.
Most browsers will give you the ability to control cookies. Instructions for blocking cookies on popular browsers can be found on the respective settings sections of the websites for Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Microsoft Edge.
You may also disable tracking cookies and web beacons used on replacements.com by clicking the button below and toggling off "Targeting Cookies". When you toggle off "Targeting Cookies", we will place a cookie on your browser to automatically prevent sharing of information when the browser visits our website. Because a cookie is used, if you disable cookies on that browser, the opt out of sale request will no longer work. And because the cookies are browser-based, you will need to adjust cookie preferences on each browser that visits our website.
Some social media platforms that serve interest-based ads may also allow you to opt out of such ads by changing your ad preferences in the settings after you log in.
You may also be able to control your ad preferences on your mobile device by adjusting its settings:
- iOS Devices: Go to Settings > Privacy > Advertising > Turn on Limit Ad Tracking
- Android Devices: Go to Google Settings > Ads > Opt Out of Interest-Based Ads
California Privacy Laws
This section only applies to you if you are a California resident. The California privacy laws provide California residents with the right to make certain requests about their personal information (subject to some limitations). When we refer to "personal information" in this section, we mean it in the way the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA") defines the term in Cal. Civil Code § 1798.140(o). The CCPA essentially defines personal information as information that can identify you or can reasonably be linked to information that identifies you.
If you are a California resident, you may:
- Ask us to provide you with details about what personal information we have collected;
- Ask that we give you access to your personal information that we have collected;
- Ask that we delete your personal information; and
- Ask that we stop selling your personal information to third parties (we do not sell your personal information to third parties in exchange for money or a discount. But we do share some information with third parties, and in some circumstances this sharing could be considered a "sale" under the CCPA. There are more details on that below).
We will fulfill these requests to the extent we are able to and required by law. To verify your identity when making a request, we will ask for your:
- State of residence
- Phone number
- Mailing address
Requests to find out details about your personal information:
You may ask us to give you these details about your personal information:
- categories of personal information that Replacements collects about you
- the categories of sources of that information
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting or "selling" your personal information (for more, see Requests to stop selling your personal information below)
- the categories of third parties with whom we have shared that information
- the categories of personal information that we have "sold"
- the categories of third parties to whom we have "sold" your personal information
- a list of categories of personal information that we have disclosed for a business purpose, along with the categories of other companies we have shared it with.
You may make this request twice during a 12-month period. To do so, you may fill out the Privacy Web Form or call us at 1-800-REPLACE.
Requests to access your personal information:
You may ask us for a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected.
You may make this request twice during a 12-month period. To do so, you may fill out the Privacy Web Form or call us at 1-800-REPLACE.
Requests to delete your personal information:
You may ask us to delete all your personal information that we have. We will also ask any service providers to delete your information. We may delete your information by de-identifying it and making it anonymous. Deleting your personal information may affect your use of our website and/or other services.
Please note that we might need to keep certain information in certain situations, if permitted by law, like to complete purchases, prevent fraud, identify security incidents, fix errors, comply with laws and regulations, or for other internal purposes.
You may make a deletion request, fill out the Privacy Web Form or call us at 1-800-REPLACE.
Requests to stop selling your personal information:
Again, we do not sell your personal information for money, discount, or similar consideration. We do share it with third parties to fulfill your orders, such as processing your payments and shipping. We also use technologies like cookies to gain insight about how you use our website and emails to try to give you a better shopping experience. And we use marketing cookies and other technologies to provide you with advertising that is relevant to you when you browse other websites or social media and to measure the effectiveness of the ads. These marketing technologies allow us to collect and share information with our advertising partners that may show or provide ads for us. Sometimes, our advertising partners may also use your information for their other business purposes. Such transfers may be considered a "sale" of personal information under the CCPA, even if we do not receive money or other payment in return.
To opt out of these sales of personal information, first adjust your cookie preferences and toggle off "Performance Cookies" and "Targeting Cookies" using the button below. Then, please fill out the Privacy Web Form.
When you toggle off "Performance Cookies" and "Targeting Cookies," we will place a cookie on your browser to automatically prevent sharing of this information when the browser or device visits our website. Because a cookie is used, if you disable cookies on that browser or device, the opt out of sale request will no longer work. And because the cookies are browser and device-based, you will need to submit a separate opt out of sale request on each browser or device that visits our website.
Toggling off "Performance Cookies" and "Targeting Cookies" will disable the sharing of your information via tracking technologies used on our website. But to fully opt out of sales for personal information that may be shared by means other than tracking technologies, you will also need to fill out the form.
Verifying Your Identity When You Make a Request
We will ask you to provide your contact information so that we can make sure you are making the request and not a bot or unauthorized third party - we only want to share or delete your personal information if you or your authorized agent ask us. The CCPA also requires us to verify your identity before fulfilling a request. We will not use your contact information for any other purpose.
If we cannot make sure you or your agent is making the request, we will not be able to complete your request to access or delete your personal information. We may contact you to obtain additional information.
We Will Not Discriminate Against You if You Make a Request
If you make a request under the CCPA, we will not discriminate against you by refusing to sell you items, offering you poor service or lower-quality pieces, or charging higher prices. But if you ask us to delete or stop selling your personal information, it might impact the way you are able to interact with our site, and you may not be able to participate in certain services that require your personal information to work properly.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) imposes additional requirements upon companies to strengthen the security around and enhance the protection of personal data of residents in the European Union (EU). For individuals in the EU/European Economic Area (EEA), here are details about how we use your personal data that we process as a data "controller" under the GDPR.
Use of Personal Data
Our use of your personal data is justified on the following legal bases:
- the use of your personal data is necessary to perform a contract with you or take steps to enter into a contract at your request (i.e., because you have purchased something from us, sold to us, or requested information about your interests and/or our products and services);
- the use of your personal data is necessary for us to comply with a relevant legal obligation;
- the use of your personal data is in our legitimate interests, subject to your interests and fundamental rights, and notably our legitimate interest in using applicable data to conduct and develop our business activities; or
- you have consented to the use.
We use the personal data we collect to:
- conduct and develop our business with you and with others; and
- fulfill the purposes set forth in "Communications With You" above.
In accordance with our legal obligations, we may also transfer your personal data, subject to a lawful request, to public authorities for law enforcement or national security purposes, and also as set forth in "Disclosure to and from Third Party Companies" above.
Additional disclosures or information about processing of personal information related to specific websites, mobile applications, products, services, or programs may be provided to you. These may supplement and/or clarify our privacy practices in specific circumstances and provide you with additional choices as to how we may process your personal information.
You may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already-set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If you deactivate the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable. If you wish to manage or disable cookies and web beacons, you may do so by clicking on the "Cookie Preferences" button below.
We do not knowingly collect, store, share or use the personal data of children under 16 years. If you are under the age of 16 years, please do not provide any personal data, even if prompted by us to do so. If you are under the age of 16 years and you have provided personal data, please ask your parent(s) or guardian(s) to notify us and we will delete all such personal data.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Retention of Your Personal Data
We keep personal data for as long as required to fulfil the purposes for which it was collected. However, in some circumstances, we may retain personal data for other periods of time, for instance where we are required to do so in accordance with legal, tax, and accounting requirements, or if required to do so by a legal process, legal authority, or other governmental entity having authority to make the request, for so long as required. In specific circumstances, we may also retain your personal data for longer periods of time corresponding to a statute of limitation, so that we have an accurate record of your dealings with us in the event of any complaints or challenges.
Subject to applicable law, you may have some or all of the following rights available to you in respect of your personal data:
- to obtain a copy of your personal data together with information about how and on what basis that personal data is processed;
- to rectify inaccurate personal data (including the right to have incomplete personal data completed);
- to erase your personal data (in limited circumstances, such as where it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or processed);
- to restrict processing of your personal data under certain circumstances;
- to port your data in machine-readable format to a third party (or to you) when we justify our processing on the basis of your consent or the performance of a contract with you;
- to withdraw your consent to our processing of your personal data (where that processing is based on your consent); and
- to obtain, or see a copy of the appropriate safeguards under which your personal data is transferred to a third country or international organization.
In addition to the above rights, you may, subject to applicable law, have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to any processing of your personal data for which we have justified on the basis of a legitimate interest, including profiling (as opposed to your consent) or to perform a contract with you. You may, subject to applicable law, also have the right to object at any time to any processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes, including profiling for marketing purposes.
You may, subject to applicable law, also have the right to lodge a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection.
In relation to all of these rights, please contact us at [email protected]. Please note that we may request proof of identity, and we reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law, especially if your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. We will endeavor to respond to your request within all applicable timeframes.
Attn: Data Protection Officer
PO Box 26029
Greensboro, NC 27420-6029
Effective Date: October 25, 2022